Select then highlight

The web application version of Paperpile allows for text selection and then highlighting. For instance, I can select some text in my PDF and then hit the “1” key to highlight my selected text. This is a very natural and non-interruptive way of annotating. The IOS app requires that you first select the highlighter and then a color and then select what text you want to highlight.

It would be a great feature to be able to select text and then highlight – like on the web app – on the IOS app.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, @Jacob_Parelman. I know we’re still considering ways to improve the mobile reading experience; with the apps still in beta there are features and improvements still in the pipeline. I actually agree with your suggestion for my own workflow, so I’ve added both our +1s to the topic on our internal tracker.

+1. I want to vote for this feature as well. I missed having the shortcut keys (1,2,3,4) to indicate the colour of the highlights when I am using iOS (especially with the keyboard).

I think Paperpile desktop app that provides the shortcut keys to highlight is one of the more intuitive and productive ways to annotate a pdf. I was looking for this in PDF expert but sadly unavailable - i.e. you cannot highlight and choose a colour in the same keystroke.

1 Like