Should I stay or should I go?

I agree releasing new features regularly in small increments should be the way to go. Actually, that’s exactly where we want to get. However, that’s not possible if your product is based on 2013 technology that is not supported anymore and for which you can’t hire any engineers.

I think we made solid technology decisions in 2013 which served us well over the years. But there was no React, no Node.js, no TypeScript - it was a different world that does not exist anymore.

So it was inevitable to rewrite everything at some point — which now is basically done and I will announce it here on the forum soon (actually very soon…).

And it’s not just a rewrite to get to the same state as before. Things will be significantly faster and streamlined and we’ve added many new features that address many longstanding requests from the forum.

You are right there will be some beta phase to catch bugs, but we’ll try to keep this short and intense. Going forward I’m very optimistic that we can do regular, more incremental feature releases. It’s not just more fun for you but also for our team. As I said before, I’m personally very excited about the whole Markdown and Note-taking topics.

6 Likes