I am using Paperpile on Samsung android tablet, when it comes to handwritten annotations, not having the palm rejection feature makes it really difficult to have my handwritten notes on pdf papers. Is there going to be any update to support this feature for stylus-supported android tablets?
Welcome to our forum, @Ali_Zafari! Thanks for the feedback. As I mentioned on the other thread you posted on, we hope to prioritize further development of the mobile apps later in 2023. Our focus these past couple years has been entirely on the webapp and extension (check out our roadmap) – we should start rolling out improvements and new features over the next few months.
I’ve found a work-around that seems to function well:
- Install google drive & Xodo pdf editor apps on your tablet
- Configure paperpile to sync to google drive
- Open the paperpile directory in google drive app
- Search for the paper of interest, then press “open with → Xodo”
- Annotate in Xodo (which supports palm rejection, along with a host of other standard annotation features that paperpile does not).
- Xodo syncs to google drive when you switch away from the pdf or close the app, and google drive automatically syncs with paperpile.
This will probably work with other PDF editors, I have only tested Xodo.
Alternatively, you can buy a “tablet glove” which prevents your palm from contacting the screen.