Sync to dropbox

This was requested a while ago but now maybe it’s time to revisit.

With paperpile becomes better and larger, our library becomes large for long users. I think many of us have paid dropbox storage and it’s truly better than google drive in many ways. Can we have an option to sync our library to dropbox instead of google drive?

3 Likes

@Yaosen, we understand the importance of this feature for you and the preference of Dropbox over GDrive for many users. It makes complete sense to offer more storage alternatives; we’ve simply decided to prioritize other topics deemed more urgent/impactful first based on user statistics & demand.

Some of the updates we are currently working on (new log-in options in particular) will pave the way for us to be able to consider implementing more storage solutions in the future. As usual, I’m logging this +1 on our tracker!

1 Like

I am not sure how this forum works, but I wanted to “upvote” this request since I also prefer Dropbox over GDrive for many reasons, particularly for the desktop app. This is particularly important in the case of Paperpile where I would like to access my literature in an offline environment on my laptop without a special Paperpile app.

I just recently started using Paperpile and I enjoy it, truly remarkable, but I have to say that I do so despite of not having Dropbox sync functionality.

Please consider adding this feature.

1 Like

Dropbox integration has been repeatedly requested.
Google Drive has a weird naming convention for file names, which makes it unmanageable. As such, I use it only to access files through Paperpile.
Besides Dropbox, it would be prudent to support Dropbox Paper (as and when they open up their API) for writing research papers.

1 Like

+1 Dropbox sync would be a nice to have.

1 Like

I would also add Microsoft OneDrive. We use the storage space that is provided by the university. In our case it is OneDrive. We cannot buy another storage space like google drive. That is one of the reasons I am not purchasing paperpile for the rest of my team.

1 Like

+1 for Dropbox file storage!

1 Like

+1 upvote for dropbox gdoc compatibility please! Dropbox is a key workflow for many of us researchers!!

@ewa_kublik and @Daisy_Buzzoni, welcome to the forum! Your +1s for Dropbox integration have been added to our internal tracker, for the team’s consideration in the future.