View Only document

Welcome to our forum, @Michael_Tan. The team is pretty sure logging out/in should take care of this issue, perhaps using a separate Chrome Profile in your next attempt (if you have multiple accounts).

If the issue persists, it would be worth to try the same from another browser – Paperpile runs on any Chromium-based one like Brave, Vivaldi, MS Edge in case you’re able to use any of them for troubleshooting. Let us know.

I’ve tried:

logging out of paperpile, chrome, restarting chrome.
logging into chrome as a different user
installing Brave, and running paperpile in “shields down” mode.

None of them work, I still don’t have annotation access on any PDFs, large or small. In fact, for Brave, the situation is worse, the PDF will not even open.

Anybody else have a similar experience? I need to highlight my readings! Help!

Thanks for the details, Michael – very puzzling. We haven’t received other similar reports so far. Could you please:

• open the pdf
  • open DevTools (Ctrl-⇧-J or ⌥-⌘-I)
  • refresh page (e.g. F5)
  • take screenshots of Console and Network tabs

I think these contain some private information, so you might prefer sharing them on our chat exchange. The team will review them for clues.

Hi @vicente today I am facing the same issue. PDFs are opening in View Only mode. In addition, files are not syncing to Google Drive.

@mullatausif is this still the case? Have you already tried signing out and back in, perhaps on a separate Chrome Profile? Turning all browser extensions off and only Paperpile back on is also a good idea.

@Michael_Tan, I understand the issue was resolved for you, could you confirm? :pray:t4:

i think there must have been a software update that broke something, that got resolved by a reboot.

it now works. sorry for the trouble.

1 Like

The issue is resolved, thank you.

1 Like

I have had the same problem for a few months. I observe that everything is working fine on old wifi but only document mode is available on new faster wifi. I found that something trouble is happening in the Network tab on DevTools in new wifi, and nothing is happening in old wifi. But I can’t understand what is happening. Singing out and into paperpile or restarting chrome does not work.

Do you have some solution?

Welcome to our forum, @k_nogaki! Please share screenshots of the DevTools tab you mention via chat or email (support@paperpile.com) so the team can have a look – preferably of both connections (old wifi and new wifi). Let me know.

I have the same problem now.
Could you fix it as soon as possible?

I am also having this problem. I have reset all my cookies and settings and restarted both my iPad & laptop. Might be a system wide issue?

@Erika_Kawakami and @Linkston We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We experienced an outage of the worker jobs (like GDrive sync) for a few hours today, but everything should be back to normal now. Please let us know otherwise.