Word plug-in not updating properly?

Been using Paperpile in Word for a while without issues, but for some reason now it doesn’t reference anything that has been recently added ie. if I search a paper and add it to Paperpile and then go to Word to add it as a citation it does not appear in the search, despite it being clearly present in paperpile.com/app. If I restart my computer then it all works fine, but I don’t want to have to do this every time I add a paper, so there must be some problem with the Word plug-in search functionality?

1 Like

@Paul_Vanags, is this persisting? How long have you been noticing this lag in sync? Have you updated the Word plug-in lately, perhaps signed out / back in and restarted things? Uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in wouldn’t be a bad idea, either.

If it persists, please reach out to us via chat or email (support@paperpile.com) and include the plugin log file in your reply so the team can take a look. You can get the logs via the “P” icon on Word > Preferences > Send Log File, then attach the paperpile-logs.txt to your message.

Hi @vicente - thanks for your reply. The day after I posted this I was prompted for an update which I’ve done and all seems to be working fine again. So all good thanks.

1 Like