Convert google doc to word with Endnote references

I need to be able to get the document I work on in GDocs with Paperpile to Word with Endnote.

What is the current workflow to achieve this?

I managed to open the document in Word, and transform the Gdoc references to Paperpile format, but don’t get anything offered beyond that.

Thanks!

Welcome to our forum, @F_S! You can use our optional sidebar add-on to convert a document’s citations to EndNote format, then save the document in .docx (Word) format. Once you’ve installed the add-on, open it Add-ons > Paperpile > Manage Citations, then click the gear icon :gear: > Export. See below for the step-by-step process.

Thank you!

This has worked for me. However, te sidebar add-on is often not popping up, I think due to some settings. Could this also be implemented within the Paperpile button in the Gdoc menu?

Many thanks,

Best

That’s definitely not expected behavior – could you detail a bit more how the sidebar is not popping up? Are there any error messages or restrictions from your Google domain admin (if institutional) that you’re aware of? Let me know. I’m not sure there’s plans to include this functionality to the extension (top ribbon) menu option, but I’ll add your feedback to our tracker for the team’s consideration.