Editing Paperpile entry to indicate Kindle edition

How do I edit a PaperPile entry in my Library so that “Kindle” appears where it should in both the footnote and the bibliography?

Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. It seems that citing Kindle editions would be very common so there must be a solution I am missing.

I thought about editing the Edition field but I was not sure what would happen when the text is a second edition like this one: The Basic Political Writings (Second Edition) (Hackett Classics) - Kindle edition by Rousseau, Jean-Jacques, Wootton, David, Cress, Donald A., Wootton, David, Cress, Donald A.. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

I replied to this forum topic (What is the best way to specify Kindle Edition for correct Turabian output?) but thought that since it is marked as resolved that perhaps I should ask a fresh forum question.

Thanks for the query, David, and welcome to our forum! Once imported, you can edit the source from your library by selecting it and hitting Shift-E or clicking Edit.

Editing the Edition field as needed would include the info when citing the source according to the chosen style. The below is in Chicago style.

In this case, the Kindle info is not included in the metadata we parse/import from Amazon, so we’re not able to display it automatically. We’re subject to the information available on the metadata we can find online, which unfortunately is not always complete/correct. Hope this makes sense - let me know otherwise.