Paperpile for Firefox

Shift to Vivaldi. It blocks the “privacy changes” as well as “Floc”. Vivladi is one of the most feature rich browsers, and you’d not need Firefox.
Let me know if you face any issues and I’d be happy to help!

I’ve been using Brave for a couple of years now. It works fine. The only tweaking you have to do is allow PP to upload files.

Hi! I wanted to reach out to see if there have been any updates to the development of a Firefox extension?

@dejafitz we will roll out support for Safari first (scheduled for the end of summer); once that’s running stable Firefox will follow so likely before the end of 2022.

2 Likes

Could I also be added to the list for the firefox beta if/when it happens? I would really love to see this rolled out as stated by the end of the year, and I’m happy to provide any testing and feedback towards that end.

Meanwhile, does anyone have a workaround for at least adding papers while on Firefox? I saw this thread a while ago on adding papers by email, but it seems that feature was never picked up. My best option so far is to use the phone app to find and add any papers, which quickly gets tedious!

1 Like

Paperpile was the reason why I had to abandon Firefox years ago, so no workarounds that I could figure out.

That being said, if your main reason for using Firefox is chrome’s heavy resource utilization, paperpile works well with chromium flavored browsers like edge, Vivaldi, and brave.

I’d also love to be part of the Firefox beta. Chrome just announced they’re going to disable ad-blockers, and the only reason I’ve stayed with it so far is because of the PaperPile extension. Would love to move away from Chrome’s memory-hogging and the ad-blockers being disabled is kind of the last straw…

1 Like

please add me to the firefox beta list.

1 Like

Same here. Interested in Firefox support, mostly because Chrome support is so buggy (I think that’s Chrome’s fault). On Google docs, I am running all the time into the problem that I have to “authorize” paperpile and it doesn’t work. Restarted Chrome, Deactivated all other plugins… sigh…

Welcome to our forum, @Maximilian_Haeussler! The authorization problem you encountered in Google Docs is an unfortunate side-effect of Google’s scripting API, which gives users no control over which account executes script requests. This means that if more than one Google Account is signed in in the browser, the scripts we send to format the document are sometimes executed by an account which does not have access to the document. The solution is to ensure that the only Google account which is signed in is the one used for Paperpile. Signing out of other accounts can be done by going to www.google.com and using the menu in the upper right. We recommend the use of Chrome Profiles to keep account activity separate.

An alternative would be using our optional sidebar add-on instead to format documents. It has some additional functionality and its closer integration with Google Docs allows us to overcome the above limitation.

I have added your +1 (and @Jennifer_Steinbachs’) to the Firefox topic on our tracker.

Hi Vicente, thanks for your quick and detailed reply (as always). I always use Chrome Profiles and I was signed into my main account in this profile. However, and you’re right, I also was signed into another Google profile, a secondary one, which is not visible anywhere except in the Google menus. when I go to Google or Gmail or anything else, my main account comes up. One needs to go into the Google menus to figure out that the second account is actually also logged in. Suggestion: When this error comes up, provide a link to a help document on your website that explains what the user can do. It’s impossible to guess that this is the problem (and there is no way for Stefan to fix it)

I googled for the problem yesterday and installed the sidebar, which also worked. Thanks again!

Hey, I’d like to add a +1 to everyone asking for firefox support for this very nice software! Out of curiosity, is there a timeline on that yet? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @kirtan, welcome to the forum. For a timeline, see our roadmap. I’ve added your +1 to our internal tracker.

Hi all. First of all, have loved using Paperpile thus far. I too would like to be added to the list of Firefox beta testers, if possible, though. I keep using Chrome solely for Paperpile, while I do all of the rest in Firefox, for obvious reasons (e.g., less memory hogging; open source and much more trustworthy in terms of privacy as a result). Using two browsers simultaneously is suboptimal.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi all - I’d like to voice my support for a firefox plugin and interest in participating in any beta. Paperpile is the main reason I’m sticking with Chrome for now but having similar performance problems as mentioned by many here.

Hi, I would also love to be added to the beta programme for PP on FF

Same! I’d also love to use Paperpile with Firefox.

2 Likes

Thanks to all who have chimed in here – we’ve added your +1s to the topic on our internal tracker in order to reach out when the time comes. A dedicated Safari extension is (finally) nearing beta testing stage; once that’s running stable I understand the Firefox one won’t take long to craft.

5 Likes

That’s awesome, vicente, and thank you for the update. Excited for it!

If possible, would I be able to be added to the beta program for Firefox?

1 Like